Michigan SP blue on other states Camaro B4C's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan SP blue on other states Camaro B4C's

Just as an FYI for me, are there any other states that used MSP blue on their 91-92' Camaros other than Michigan, Wisconsin, and Kansas. Thanks!

Jeff

Originally posted by jefropas View Post
    Just as an FYI for me, are there any other states that used MSP blue on their 91-92' Camaros other than Michigan, Wisconsin, and Kansas. Thanks!

Jeff
    Wisconsin and Kansas didn't use MSP blue and I'm not certain the 3 Michigan Camaro were actually MSP Blue.
    Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
    1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
    1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641
    1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P993

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/

Comment

I've got photos of those two states Camaro's, and if they aren't MSP blue, they are very close. I was told by the owner of a Wisconsin car that Chevy had painted a few b4C's too many in the color they painted the Michigan cars, and that Wisconsin and Kansas had picked a few, if not all of those cars. I just didn't know if there were others out there. It's tough when dealing with obscure history and hearsay. Thanks for the interest!

Jeff

Comment

Also I don't know that the special paint Ford put on the MSP Mustangs was actually MSP blue in its purest sense. Look at all the period in service pictures or even the video with 89's being delivered and you'll see color seems a little darker. The photo Mike posted in your C. Ricks thread is a good example. Depending on car manufacturer, the vehicle, year, etc. seem slight variations in the shading.
        Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
        1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
        1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641
        1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P993

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/

Comment

Working...
        X