2002 camaro B4C

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 camaro B4C

ok I'm looking at a 2002 B4C ex state police car - 84,000 clean car- took it for a ride and it rides like a truck! are the all like this- looks like original shocks still in it- they are red/orange possible Konis? spotless underside no signs of rust anywhere- it was a southern car. any thing to look out for? I would appreciate any info passed my way Thanks

Ben - I have had two of the 4th gen cars. Here are some of my thoughts/opinions: They are fun to drive in the straights, but slop in the corners. My biggest complaint are the doors - they are heavy, made of fiberglass, and tend to get worn out - mostly from folks closing the door by the glass, and not by the door itself. This wears out the glass and alignment (rolling up/down) and the hinges tend to start to droop (body alignment with door).

The odometer section tends to burnout the back light. Seats are ok, but lack padding in the right places sometimes. Rear hatch is heavy, and sometimes can rattle. Headlights, tail light and marker lights/lenses tend to dull and are hard to find.

I have a 3rd gen (1992) B4C that I like a lot more. I like the 4th gen body, but, after having 2, I am not really interested in coming back to them. Nothing wrong - just kinda hard to find parts. Oh, the steering wheel is hard to find, too - and they get really worn with the foam.

Hope this helps!
    Ryan

Comment

2002 Camaro

Ryan thanks so much for the info. I checked all the doors and everything is tight- looks like the drivers door had been out of adjustment at one point small amount of wear by latch but nothing serious. Steering wheel nice , all dash lights work, newer struts on rear deck . I agree about the seats but what can you do - it is what it is I guess. I had the white Utah Camaro sold it and miss having it . I always wanted a 2002 Camaro B4c - so this might be the one - will keep you posted thanks .
      Last edited by SPD122; 01-13-2016, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Good luck with your hunt Ben!
        Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
        1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
        1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641
        1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P993

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/

Comment

B4C

Ok I out a deposit on the car-leaving on a 10 day cruise will pick up. When I get back . I'll post pictures when I get it thanks .

Comment

congrats on your purchase!
            1998 B4C Escondido PD #3740
            1999 B4C SCHP Unmarked
            2000 Z28 Pewter
            2000 Z28 Silver w/ booboos
            2002 B4C FHP #1286

Comment

Mike

Comment

Congrats on the new car in the garage!!!

2002 FHP B4C Unit #1336
                2002 Wayne County IN Sheriff B4C
                1993 FHP SSP Unit #0381

Comment

Camaro

Bring the car home tomorrow morning.

Comment

Most Eeeeeexcellent! Post pics when you can.
                    Ryan

Comment

Mike

Comment

FHP

Ok went to get the car - and while there the check engine light came on- so the are taking the car in to be checked Monday.needless to say I was a little upset , drove an hour with my trailer in tow . But The dealer -owner was very accommodating and said he did not think it right for me to have to drive back so they would deliver to my house after its corrected . They had just installed a new fuel pump in the car and felt it may be related . I'll keep you posted

Comment

Man that stinks... Hope it is something simple!

2002 FHP B4C Unit #1336
                          2002 Wayne County IN Sheriff B4C
                          1993 FHP SSP Unit #0381

Comment

B4C

Hi all sorry have not posted sooner, my mother in law went in the hospital- blocked artery- mini stroke- she is ok and doing better - thank God !

I got the car home it was a bad 02 sensor - took a bit to clear computer but went right through inspection.
                            Here are a few shots - I have just started to detail it- has been in a small car musem next to Charlotte race track for last two years.
                            Just had all fluids changed and tune up . Car runs great- 87,000 miles on it . Black paint is original, tan redone . Spoke with a board member who owned the car - told me it came from FHP with chrome 10 spoke wheels on it- just located a set the will be here this week - will be polished and put on car.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SPD122 View Post
                              Hi all sorry have not posted sooner, my mother in law went in the hospital- blocked artery- mini stroke- she is ok and doing better - thank God !

I got the car home it was a bad 02 sensor - took a bit to clear computer but went right through inspection.
                              Here are a few shots - I have just started to detail it- has been in a small car musem next to Charlotte race track for last two years.
                              Just had all fluids changed and tune up . Car runs great- 87,000 miles on it . Black paint is original, tan redone . Spoke with a board member who owned the car - told me it came from FHP with chrome 10 spoke wheels on it- just located a set the will be here this week - will be polished and put on car.
                              the chrome wheels look great and that's what mine has but i dont think any of them had them while in service. nice car!!
                              1998 B4C Escondido PD #3740
                              1999 B4C SCHP Unmarked
                              2000 Z28 Pewter
                              2000 Z28 Silver w/ booboos
                              2002 B4C FHP #1286

Comment

Working...
                              X