My "new" 1985 LTD Police Package

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "new" 1985 LTD Police Package

Was looking for something different and came across this LTD. Picked her up from Chris down in Austin. It's an Ex Washington State Patrol car. Pretty clean all in all, and the build quality on these seems to be much higher than the same year Mustang. Doors close with a solid thunk, car is solid through the turns, even with what may well be 250k on the clock. The only thing that doesn't work is the underhood light, and it may just be unhooked. Really liking this one! I put regular tags on it and have been using it as a semi daily driver.

Not sure where she's headed, but I did order a new Unity 250 and mount kit for her, and have a line on the antennae for the trunk and roof. From there, probably just enjoy her for a while then see what happens. Might have to ditch that CFI though.

1985 LTD Police Package - Ex WSP
    sigpic

Also, I've been looking, with no luck, for a set of P100 push bars for her. Anyone know if the current stock PB100's would work?
    sigpic

Comment

I like it. It's a little more useful.
      82 CHP Unit#870366
      86 TX DPS M6-380

Comment

I used to dislike those back in the 80's. But now I appreciate them. Have fun with the car.
        1992 NHP ssp unit 141 region 1 Las Vegas

Comment

It's really cool to see those around, up here they all rusted away because nobody wanted them...... Now when I see one it brings back lots of memories.
          Gary
          Ontario, Canada

1988 NYSP SSP (awaiting paint)
          1989 FHP SSP #1329 (resto complete) 2016

1990 FLHTC
          2002 FLHTPI
          2007 F150 Lariat 4X4 4dr

Comment

Thanks y'all! This one is pretty solid with just very slight surface rust around the holes they had to drill for equipment. The CFI is buggy as it can be, hard to tune it just right. It has a pretty pronounced stumble right off the line if you try and floor the gas. It's better now, but still there.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X