• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox Mustang production

part 1:

Fox Mustang Production, Part 1

part 2:

Fox Mustang Production, Part 2

didn't realize my 92 mustang GT being titanium gray color is VERY rare! *bangs my forehead* i wish i never sold it!!!!!
    Last edited by SSPMustang; 08-19-2006, 12:23 PM. Reason: Fixed link/sticky
    MJ
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2011 VW Jetta SportWagen TDI/DSG
    1989 Ocala, FL SSP (unverified for its actual usage)
    1990 FHP Unit #?
    www.fotki.com/calimustang

Originally posted by calimustang
    part 1:

http://musclemustangfastfords.com/fe...fox/index.html

part 2:

http://musclemustangfastfords.com/te...ers/index.html

didn't realize my 92 mustang GT being titanium gray color is VERY rare! *bangs my forehead* i wish i never sold it!!!!!

Yes..they are rare. I would have kept it for sure.
    1993 LX 5.0 - Reef blue,5spd, all options, 100k miles, Vortech Si-Trim/heads/intake/60lbers...etc..etc
    1998 Mustang GT - summer driver
    *SOLD!*
    1988 GT - 5spd, option delete, 39k miles *SOLD*
    1988 LX 5.0 coupe *SOLD*
    1969 Mach I Q-code 428 SCJ 4spd*SOLD*
    1986 SSP ex-FHP*SOLD*
    1991 SSP ex-FHP #1395*SOLD*
    1993 Mustang GT 12.77@111 *SOLD*

Comment

Originally posted by dsblk93gt
      Yes..they are rare. I would have kept it for sure.
      thanks for reminding me! i'm depressed to hear that! but it got in a fairly serious accident that bent the frame by 1 or 2 inches off.. by being hit on front fender on passenger side.. so its never the same after it got out of the bodyshop....... i had so much fun with it and even raced it many times versus camaros, corvettes and a saleen mustang.. none of them have beaten me until the very final race in 2001 my GT versus a LT1 Corvette in PA state on I-79 i flew right past him easily then that ticked him off so he tried to chase me as i slowed down a bit then i slammed on the pedal and it was little too late because he was head to head to my car as i slammed.. but he kept gaining and the mustang's body shook in stress.. i knew its due to the accident so i had to ease up and let him win.. so we got off to an exit and he spun tires hard as in celebration of the victory.. i owned it in fall of 98 with 88k miles.. it was nearly MINT! racked it up to 120k.. in 2001.. the accident occured at 111k miles.. sat for nearly a year and sent to a shop, was driveable but the engine fan was stuck to the housing due to the front body was out of alignment.. i'll show pics to my website if anyone is interested... also will scan pics of the final pictures of my mustang before i sold it.. very crisp pictures..
      MJ
      1990 FHP Unit #?

Comment

Man thats cool info for sure. Thanks for the link.
        sigpic
        1996 DGGM Impala SS
        1992 AZ DPS B4C
        1993 WJC Utah SSP(92k orig miles)

Comment

My car is one of 491 in that color in 1991. I wonder what the breakdown would be of interior colors, and trans options.
          89 FHP Unit #1329 (Thanks to Jarhead for finding it)- SOLD
          91 Santa Clara DA 91056
          92 Coupe- 306, GT40 heads, Explorer intake, A Trim Vortech, AOD

Comment

That out of the Foxbody Recognition Guide, awesome book with great info/pics. You CAN get a breakdown with the interior code also..I got one for my 86 SSP. There is a site..I will look it up later..
            1993 LX 5.0 - Reef blue,5spd, all options, 100k miles, Vortech Si-Trim/heads/intake/60lbers...etc..etc
            1998 Mustang GT - summer driver
            *SOLD!*
            1988 GT - 5spd, option delete, 39k miles *SOLD*
            1988 LX 5.0 coupe *SOLD*
            1969 Mach I Q-code 428 SCJ 4spd*SOLD*
            1986 SSP ex-FHP*SOLD*
            1991 SSP ex-FHP #1395*SOLD*
            1993 Mustang GT 12.77@111 *SOLD*

Comment

I just bought an 93K mile '88 LX 5.0 5 speed in the cabernet red color for 800 bucks- because it needs a water pump. First thing I always do is check the numbers. I was going to mod it for my daughter but it will remain mostly stock except for better brakes (daughter) based on the low production numbers. Rarity does not always equal desirability but it is better to keep rare as stock as possible for the future either way. I might make it onto an SSP clone just to offset all of those drag raced real SSPs

The guy that has the production number database is Stu Jones. Not sure of the website info but he can give you a "Marti" report on the breakdown of all the options of your cars. If you narrow it down far enough a lot of cars have the potential to be one of a handful.
              1993 FHP Unit 435
              My Babies here- http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/horseplayauto/

Comment

Originally posted by dsblk93gt
                That out of the Foxbody Recognition Guide, awesome book with great info/pics. You CAN get a breakdown with the interior code also..I got one for my 86 SSP. There is a site..I will look it up later..

MJ...thanks for posting that link.

Dave...Stu over and 3rd GEN registry can give you a breakdown by interior. I got info on all of my cars from him, and that's where the info from the book came from. The "Special Service" numbers section isn't entirely accurate, though. Those are just the records associated with blank paint codes. Any special ordered (paint) car had a blank code, and non-special paint SSPs (ie. my Polar White CSP car) do not have a blank code. We talked about this over the phone awhile back...he is a nice guy.

Comment

Why don't we put this info in tech area on the site for SSP's and general? They may be also counted for SSP's colors of those years?
                  MJ
                  1990 FHP Unit #?

Comment

also i just updated my website of my 92 Mustang GT pics.. go there and see for yourself.. thats how good it looked at latest pics i had of it in 2001the very day i sold it.. that was after accident pictures with rare gray titanium color. i sure miss that car to death! i might paint that color on my ssp instead of boring white paint. let me know what you guys think. i wish i never sold that car that includes my gf that time, now my ex gf but she still admits that she misses it today....... i am still mad at myself about that. oh well
                    MJ
                    1990 FHP Unit #?

Comment

Thanks for reminding me of that, it's a good article. Just fixed the part 1 link.
                      Mike Riley, webmaster, sspmustang.org

1986 Indian Rocks FL FD SSP Mustang
                      2002 5 speed Mustang Convertible
                      2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
                      2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Thanks! Link 1 was originally copied off the site and it appears that they have changed it recently.
                        Originally posted by SSPMustang
                        Thanks for reminding me of that, it's a good article. Just fixed the part 1 link.
                        MJ
                        1990 FHP Unit #?

Comment

My 86' is 1 of 16 with the 8L color code, didn't know that before.

Wish I knew how many 86's were OSP.
                          1986 Oregon SSP Coupe w/AOD
                          74-0183 Unmarked.

237,000 Miles and still running strong.

1986 Mustang GT w/5sp and bolt-ons.
                          Daily Driver

Comment

My Ultra Blue 1990 convertible is one of 768. I wonder how many were 5spd cars versus autos and how many had two tone paint with a Titanium lower? All this time I thought the rarest car I had owned was a 1973 Trans Am (non-SD) with a four speed (1420 produced, don't know color breakdown).
                            1986 GT with T-Tops

Comment

I've got 1 of the 354 Silver 1993 LX5.0 Civilian Sedans, with original paint and a 5 speed. No plans to sell it ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X