No announcement yet.

FCSD SSP Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got the boys with me this week thankfully. So any time I need to do something, it's like that Home Depot slogan...."Dad, you can do it, we can help!"
    Ron,
    1989 Indiana State Police SSP-Commission #4064 District 34/Jasper Post, Trooper Roger Carruthers
    1989 Indiana State Police SSP-Commission #4057 District 53/Putnamville Post, Trooper Rich Myers
    1993 Fulton County IN. Sheriff SSP, Sgt. Ed Beaird (in progress)
    1999 PPV Tahoe-Milwaukee County Sheriff Dept--FOR SALE

Comment

• Originally posted by The other CHiPs View Post
      Post-divorcal spinal and testicular replacement surgery.
      -Aaron

1992 SSP Kansas Highway Patrol #264 Troop H

Comment

• It's sad when I look back at the summer already going away and what little to no work I've done on the car. Having two mortgages kills the funds and just keeping up with everything else in life takes away all the free time.

Having said that, I have picked up some sound deadening matting to apply to the floor. I'll start on that after the weekend and then run the wiring for the car.
        Ron,
        1989 Indiana State Police SSP-Commission #4064 District 34/Jasper Post, Trooper Roger Carruthers
        1989 Indiana State Police SSP-Commission #4057 District 53/Putnamville Post, Trooper Rich Myers

Comment

It's sad when I look back at the summer already going away and what little to no work I've done on the car. Having two mortgages kills the funds and just keeping up with everything else in life takes away all the free time.

Having said that, I have picked up some sound deadening matting to apply to the floor. I'll start on that after the weekend and then run the wiring for the car.
          Every little bit helps! Sometimes it's a slow process but worth it in the end!
          Brad

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238
          1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
          1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by nighthawk756 View Post
            Every little bit helps! Sometimes it's a slow process but worth it in the end!
            X's 2

Don't get discouraged Ron it's looking good!
            Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

My GSP Collection -- Now complete...
            One of every year GSP SSP Mustangs;

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41
            1988 GSP#8353 Trpr D. Howerton #732 post 5/43
            1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27
            1989 GSP#9222 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27
            1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post29
            1991 GSP#1247 Trpr. M. Dobson #153 Post 3
            1992 GSP#2217 Sgt. K. Thompson #606 Post 6
            1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9

Comment

• Summer

Summer is gone but fall and spring best weather to work in BUD!!
              url]http://public.fotki.com/xxtrpr/nchp/[/url] 1986 Colorado SSP, 1990 Colorado SSP, 1991 FHP SSP, 1992 FHP 1164 SSP, 1992 CHP EVOC 9189, 1992 KHP all sold .... 1985 NCHP gone.. 1985 Idaho SP sold..
              1986 Nevada HP SSP*- Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289 Sgt. Camilla Munns Sold
              1992 Landis PD unit # 110
              1989 Louisiana SP unit 5833

Comment

• I'm not discouraged about the car at all. Just the fact that summer is gone already and I don't have any real progress to show.

And you're right John. I love this kind of weather for working outside or in the garage!
                Ron,

Comment

• Has anyone ever polished their lightbar lenses? More specifically the clear ones? And does anyone know if the clear alley light inserts are removable? They look like they are but I don't want to risk damaging something.
                  Ron,

Comment

• Since we've been having our fair share of rain lately, I've been working on the lighthbar for the car. I've taken it about halfway apart to learn the innerds and have removed the speaker. After looking at a multitude of various rubber plugs to fill the speaker holes with, I decided that getting a frame without the holes would be the best option to keep the clean look I'm striving for on this car. I ended up getting another lightbar that didn't have a speaker originally. (pic should be below) It's a newer bar but I don't think it'll matter once its set up the way I want/need.
                    Attached Files
                    Ron,

Comment

• Lightbar

Awesome bar Ron.. yeah we are in for 4 days of rain thanks for sending it my way.
                      url]http://public.fotki.com/xxtrpr/nchp/[/url] 1986 Colorado SSP, 1990 Colorado SSP, 1991 FHP SSP, 1992 FHP 1164 SSP, 1992 CHP EVOC 9189, 1992 KHP all sold .... 1985 NCHP gone.. 1985 Idaho SP sold..
                      1986 Nevada HP SSP*- Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289 Sgt. Camilla Munns Sold
                      1992 Landis PD unit # 110
                      1989 Louisiana SP unit 5833

Comment

• Originally posted by xxtrpr View Post
                        Awesome bar Ron.. yeah we are in for 4 days of rain thanks for sending it my way.
                        No problem. Happy to help! Maybe it'll help cool down things in Keene....
                        Ron,

Comment

Maybe it'll help cool down things in Keene....
                          Back away from the defenseless pumpkins...
                          Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
                          1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
                          1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641
                          1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P993

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/

Comment

• Got my switch plate for the car. Width is perfect but it'll need a little trimming in height to fit right. This should make for a clean installation and be functional for when it does & doesn't have a lightbar on it.
                            Attached Files
                            Ron,

Comment

• Any updates or progress on this one Ron?
                              Gathering; Collecting & Documenting GSP History...

My GSP Collection -- Now complete...
                              One of every year GSP SSP Mustangs;

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41
                              1988 GSP#8353 Trpr D. Howerton #732 post 5/43
                              1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27
                              1989 GSP#9222 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27
                              1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post29
                              1991 GSP#1247 Trpr. M. Dobson #153 Post 3
                              1992 GSP#2217 Sgt. K. Thompson #606 Post 6
                              1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9

Comment

• Sadly, no. Recent life events have stalled the work on the car. I want to sell it because I need/can use the money, but at the same time, I don't want to sell it because if it's uniqueness. m200pilot has offered to help me and maybe that help will re-motivate me to get it ready for the MCA 50th this year. But, for now, it's be reprioritized and is collecting dust....
                                Ron,

Comment

Working...
                                X