X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05pwrstrk
    started a topic My 1989 NHP SSP

My 1989 NHP SSP

Well it finally happened everybody. My car was found. I was able to pick up my first SSP last Thursday out of Carson City NV. It is an 89 Nevada HP car.

Before I go on about this I would like to thank Mike (NHPcars.com) for the lead. Without this lead from him I never would have known about my car. So thank you again Mike!!!

As Mike put it this car is in "auction condition". Nobody did any types of mods to it. The body is straight. No rust seen. Buck tags are in place. It has the original rims and full size spare with the Goodyear Eagle M/S. The original exhaust was replaced with what is on there now because the original items were falling off. This is exactly what I was looking for. I am looking forward to many years with this car.

I was told by the family that they owned the car for about the last 10 years. The wife would drive it to work, they'd all get in it and drive down to Mexico where they have a family vacation home, and the hubby would drive it to Reno occasionally. They parked it about a year ago because their 16 year old son was at driving age and they didn't want him to get any ideas. From what it sounds like the family I bought it from were the second owners, the first owner being a guy that bought it from the auction. The family picked it up in Reno.

I haven't been able to decipher a unit number yet. I do know the left rear corner is the spot to look. All I have done so far is vacuum it(which helped alot), Simple Green the engine bay(also helped a lot), and wash the outside and windows. Just basic stuff.
    Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 07-26-2011, 02:47 AM.

• MOstang
    replied
    The new paint job looks great!

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    Hello.
    Yes! I very short and sweet update. She got picked up on May 1st and since then she's been sitting under a cover in my garage. I just haven't had the time to dig in and get'er done. I'm picking up some odds and ends to help with the interior install and I've also been buying some new items to replace some of the worn pieces.

Can anyone help with a suggestion on what to do with my tilt column? With a pull on the top of the steering wheel it can drop down to my lap. Its as if the teeth on the tilt are worn. Can I just replace that mechanism or do I have to do the whole column? Any help is appreciated.

I do want to try and make Ripon this October!!

Leave a comment:

• rocdane
    replied
    Nice project. Any more updates?

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    Originally posted by calimustang View Post
    Wow! How's the progress going?

Its going pretty well. Sounds like I'll be bringing her home in about 2 weeks. I just picked up some extra Mustang doors yesterday that I'm going to remove the glass out of because the glass in my doors on my cars are in sad shape. I haven't seen her since I posted the last set of pics. I've got a bit of stress beginning because of putting the interior all back in the car. We'll see though.

Leave a comment:

• calimustang
    replied
    Wow! How's the progress going?

Leave a comment:

• NHPcars.com
    replied
    Wow this car looks great. I can't wait to see it finished.

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    Originally posted by sspanthony View Post
    Man what a difference !!! That really looks Good....
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Dcompson View Post
    Looks great! I'm excited to see the end result.
    I'm excited and a bit nervous because I have a lot of blue stuff coming together soon(seats, carpet, plastic pieces I painted, etc.....) and I hope it all kindly blends together.

Leave a comment:

• Dcompson
    replied
    Looks great! I'm excited to see the end result.

Leave a comment:

• sspanthony
    replied
    Man what a difference !!! That really looks Good....

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    10/26/16 Waiting to be wet sanded.

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    07/28/2016 The bumpers were sent out to a separate company for restoration and a prime. I had them leave the holes for the Buddy Bumpers though. I couldn't see any reason to patch the holes when I was going to reinstall the bumpers anyways.

The shop made a template for the roof line paint too.

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    04/19/2016 Between primes and hand sandings.

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    Primed- 03/24/2016

Leave a comment:

• 05pwrstrk
    replied
    01/28/2016- Body work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X