X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dcompson View Post
    That's great news!
    I agree.
    1989 Nevada Highway Patrol SSP Unit# 262(?)

I love my NHP SSP

2005 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L Lariat 4x4 CC SB MBRP turbo back exhaust, 08 F350 springs
    1976 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L block, MPFI, 4.0L head, Borla header, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, Dana 44's, ARB's, 4.88's, OBA, 35's, Hydroboost brakes

Comment

I can't wait to see it finished.
      1993 Nevada Highway Patrol Dodge Ramcharger

Comment

Originally posted by NHPcars.com View Post
        I can't wait to see it finished.
        Hi Mike. How have you been? Would you mind if I gave you a call?

I love my NHP SSP

2005 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L Lariat 4x4 CC SB MBRP turbo back exhaust, 08 F350 springs
        1976 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L block, MPFI, 4.0L head, Borla header, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, Dana 44's, ARB's, 4.88's, OBA, 35's, Hydroboost brakes

Comment

Call me after 1700, I'll be at Motor School for the next two weeks.

Comment

Call me after 1700, I'll be at Motor School for the next two weeks.
            Ok. I'm at work today. I'll be off Tuesday and Wednesday.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Great find, not too many sitting around in that condition. Hope shes gives you many years of enjoyment.

Comment

Great great news everyone check this out!!

We are moving forward(no pun intended). Some items of good news(and a couple of bad) I wanted to share with all of you.

First off the new clutch was installed and the car drives really nice now. The gear shop that did the work looked into the tranny and said it looked fine and there was no need to tear it down. Awesome. Unfortunately the speedo still doesn't work. :o(

Secondly- I took my car to a more general mechanics shop and while up on the lift look at what was found next to the drivers side muffler.

At the second shop they found some things that will need to be addressed rather soon. The exhaust is rotting off from the rear cats back, my shocks have all seen better days(most of the shocks are leaking fluid), the water pump is leaking, I need to do valve cover and an oil pan gasket. Anyone have any input on the oil pan gasket? Is it hard to do? I don't have a lift at home. Also I was told I will need to find a timing chain cover for when the water pump is replaced. Does this sound legit?

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

I took my car into the mechanic today. He's going to pull the motor and go through it so it will be mechanically sound. (timing chain, oil pump, gaskets all around, water pump, timing chain cover, freeze plugs, etc, etc...) I want to make the Ripon show in October.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Solid progress! Keep it coming and hope to see you and your car in October.
                    Michael
                    1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/

Comment

Hello Everyone!!

So moving right along here. I picked up my car from the mechanic 2 days ago. WOW. Now she starts with a purpose. I had as much done to the engine without actually having it rebuilt. The reason I decided not to do a full rebuild was because the compression check produced great numbers, no oil was burning and there was just no negative signs. I did tell the mechanic to advise me if he felt something may need to be changed or if and when they did get in there it looked bad then to let me know and we'd do the full rebuild. Heres a list of things changed.

Every gasket, timing chain & cover, water pump, all bolts around the water pump and timing chain cover, serpentine belt, freeze plugs, motor mounts, radiator, clutch on the A/C pump, A/C pump changed over to new freon stuff, oil and filter(of course), oil cooler lines, Negative battery cable, a new oil pan because mine had a dent and had rust on it, and there may be other thing I'm forgetting.

There still is some road dirt and grime around the engine bay. I'll take care of that soon.

Today I pulled my speedo. No, not a tiny pair of swim shorts but the speedometer out of my car. Lol... I pulled it out because it wasn't working. When I turn the mechanism on the back the needle moves for a brief time but then there seems to be a bind which prevents the mechanism from moving. Has anyone heard of this? Is this common with Mustangs? Anyways my speedo will be off to get fixed ASAP.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

It looks so much better. I'm glad to see you're making some progress.

Comment

It looks so much better. I'm glad to see you're making some progress.
                          x2!! Looking good!
                          Brad

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238
                          1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
                          1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold

Comment

Time has been on my side lately so I've been trying to get some more things done on my car. The heater core was original, to my knowledge, so I felt it was a strategic move to pull it prior to installing new carpet. I recently pulled the seats, carpet and dash to replace the heater core. I'm not in a rush so the project has not been to bad. I actually enjoy these tedious processes like pulling a dash in a Mustang. I did find a gremlin that will need to be fixed. Check out the pictures.

The new heater core doesn't have this nice brace like the old one does.

OLD

NEW

This disaster was found under my drivers seat. Any ideas? I've done a lot of sheet metal repair work on other vehicle bodies and I'm confident I can repair this with some 16ga sheet steel. The affected areas about the size of an iPhone. What do you guys think? Whatever I end up doing it will be better than the hack job someone else has already done.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

I left the original padding for the time being. I remember reading that other members reused some of the old padding to make their new carpet fit better.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Looking good, keep up the great work. I had the same problem under my drivers seat. We welded a patch in and made it look much better. Thanks for the pics and update.
                                1992 NHP ssp unit 141 region 1 Las Vegas

Comment

Working...
                                X