Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NHPcars.com View Post
    Brian,

I'm very excited to see this car saved. If it wasn't for the 85', I would have bought this car. It is lost in time (auction fresh) and in perfect shape for a restoration. I will be more than happy to help you out with your project. Lets hope the unit number is found. Also let me know if you need me to go pick up the buddy bumper and or that service paperwork.

I do think this is one of the "Lighter Blue" cars that were ordered incorrectly making it even more rare. I will dig up some info on them. Also being one of nine cars doesn't hurt either. Here's the list of the nine. The first number is the unit number. The 3 numbers in front of Reg (region) is the Trooper ID number.

039--89 Ford Mustang --080 Reg 3
    062--89 Ford Mustang --310 Reg 3
    157--89 Ford Mustang --162 Reg 1
    171--89 Ford Mustang --093 Reg 1
    183--89 Ford Mustang --245 Reg 3
    241--89 Ford Mustang --297 Reg 1
    262--89 Ford Mustang --167 Reg 3
    143--89 Ford Mustang --215 Reg 2
    090--89 Ford Mustang --103 Reg 1

1989-9

Welcome to the NHP Mustang family.

Mike
    Mike,
    Sounds good. I'm sure there will be many questions along the way. Actually here's one.....What exactly are the NV "Regions"? Would regions be Northern NV region, Southern NV region, and Central NV region or ????

I did call the PO and he said he got rid of the "buddy bumper" a while ago. I will keep in contact with the PO's every now and then just in case something shows up in their house regarding paperwork and you never know maybe the Buddy Bumper will get found in the garage.

The paint does look a lot lighter the Stubes' car. I do love the Navy Blue with sliver, but I will go with what this year is supposed to be to keep it original.

My wife has always said I'm an extremely patient person. I guess it payed off.
    Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 07-26-2011, 04:44 PM.
    1989 Nevada Highway Patrol SSP Unit# 262(?)

I love my NHP SSP

2005 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L Lariat 4x4 CC SB MBRP turbo back exhaust, 08 F350 springs
    1976 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L block, MPFI, 4.0L head, Borla header, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, Dana 44's, ARB's, 4.88's, OBA, 35's, Hydroboost brakes

Comment

Congrats!....Looks like a great start for whatever you decide to do .
      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

Glad go see another surface.
        My car is the 1990 twilight blue color.

Yours would be whatever dark shade of blue was offered for 89
        1993 saleen 51
        1968 mustang fastback gt

Comment

Congrats Brian!! Guess it pays to hold off, eh?

What a keeper. Can't wait to see your progress on this one.
          Ryan

Comment

Congrats!!!
            '89 FHP #1623
            '89 FHP #Unknown (SOLD)
            '91 FHP #1395 (SOLD)
            '93 FHP #1660 (SOLD)
            '91 GSP #1245

'79 F-150 Indy Pace Truck
            '92 Triple Black Convertible GT
            '96 GT Coupe

Comment

Nice score!
              1988 Tribute SSP (original FHP)
              1988 MA State Police SSP #2702
              1987 MA State Police Mustang GT #1451
              1996 MA State Police Bronco #1644
              2003 US Park Ranger Expedition SSV (California)
              Personal Site: http://www.5pt0joe.com
              Owner, ShowCarCustoms.com
              MA State Police Collection at MSP Restorations
              ...and several other Mustangs

Comment

That is "Great" !!!! Very nice car to start off with.

Hope you enjoy your new SSP !
                93 SCHP
                90 SCHP

MCA Member

Comment

Congrats on the find! Great pictures too. I am looking forward to seeing this one restored, I have never seen the lighter blue NV SSP, how cool!
                  -Aaron

1992 SSP Kansas Highway Patrol #264 Troop H

Comment

Originally posted by 1988Bullitt View Post
                    Congrats on the find! Great pictures too. I am looking forward to seeing this one restored, I have never seen the lighter blue NV SSP, how cool!
                    Thank you. You know I really like the darker blue but I am also looking forward to seeing the lighter blue with the silver. Someday....

I love my NHP SSP

2005 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L Lariat 4x4 CC SB MBRP turbo back exhaust, 08 F350 springs
                    1976 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L block, MPFI, 4.0L head, Borla header, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, Dana 44's, ARB's, 4.88's, OBA, 35's, Hydroboost brakes

Comment

The paint code.....

So this is the color of my SSP. 3R--- Medium Shadow Blue Metallic

Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Congratulations on a really nice find. Mike is a great wealth of correct information to assist with your restoration. He helped me get the original plates and buddy bumper for my 93. Keep us posted with plenty of pictures of the restoration process.

Comment

Originally posted by 05pwrstrk View Post
                          Thank you. You know I really like the darker blue but I am also looking forward to seeing the lighter blue with the silver. Someday....
                          The dark blue is great but after seeing that photo of the GT, I'm very excited to see the lighter blue. I've been asking around about the light blue cars and everyone remembers them but doesn't have any info on what happened. I have been told that some of the light blue cars were repainted to the dark blue. If your car doesn't show signs of the dark blue repaint, that could help narrow down which car it is too. I think your car is "a needle in a hay stack". I think you will be very happy with your finished product. You have a very special car with a nice story once I get all of the details.

Stay Tuned.....
                          1993 Nevada Highway Patrol Dodge Ramcharger

Comment

Originally posted by NHPcars.com View Post
                            The dark blue is great but after seeing that photo of the GT, I'm very excited to see the lighter blue. I've been asking around about the light blue cars and everyone remembers them but doesn't have any info on what happened. I have been told that some of the light blue cars were repainted to the dark blue. If your car doesn't show signs of the dark blue repaint, that could help narrow down which car it is too. I think your car is "a needle in a hay stack". I think you will be very happy with your finished product. You have a very special car with a nice story once I get all of the details.

Stay Tuned.....
                            Yeah in all honesty I haven't seen even a hint of dark blue anywhere. Door jambs, trunk crevices, and under hood are all the lighter blue. No dark blue over spray or anything like that. If there is or was any dark blue somebody did a really really good job covering it with that crappy paint job. Still who knows till I actually get to begin removing some parts here and there. Maybe a little sanding might reveal a whole different story. So until I get to that point I guess it will just be a mystery.

Hey Mike(I'm sure you already have your feelers out but..) I'm dying to see an "in service" picture of a light blue car. I'm staying tuned.
                            Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 08-05-2011, 03:04 AM.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because some progress is being made. It has been a long time. My car has been resting comfortably in my garage and covered. On Wednesday I took her in to to have the clutch replaced and the tranny rebuilt(if needed). I was called to today with good news. Other than a header stud having to be fixed she's pretty much done and ready to go. The shop did open up the tranny, they said everything was looking good and no need for anything to be corrected. The owner of the shop was surprised and he said the car didn't look like it had been abused like a lot of other Mustangs they get in there. That was great news!! I'll pick her up the beginning of next week. Then on to the next task.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

That's great news!
                                1992 NHP ssp unit 141 region 1 Las Vegas

Comment

Working...
                                X