My 1989 NHP SSP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1989 NHP SSP

Well it finally happened everybody. My car was found. I was able to pick up my first SSP last Thursday out of Carson City NV. It is an 89 Nevada HP car.

Before I go on about this I would like to thank Mike (NHPcars.com) for the lead. Without this lead from him I never would have known about my car. So thank you again Mike!!!

As Mike put it this car is in "auction condition". Nobody did any types of mods to it. The body is straight. No rust seen. Buck tags are in place. It has the original rims and full size spare with the Goodyear Eagle M/S. The original exhaust was replaced with what is on there now because the original items were falling off. This is exactly what I was looking for. I am looking forward to many years with this car.

I was told by the family that they owned the car for about the last 10 years. The wife would drive it to work, they'd all get in it and drive down to Mexico where they have a family vacation home, and the hubby would drive it to Reno occasionally. They parked it about a year ago because their 16 year old son was at driving age and they didn't want him to get any ideas. From what it sounds like the family I bought it from were the second owners, the first owner being a guy that bought it from the auction. The family picked it up in Reno.

I haven't been able to decipher a unit number yet. I do know the left rear corner is the spot to look. All I have done so far is vacuum it(which helped alot), Simple Green the engine bay(also helped a lot), and wash the outside and windows. Just basic stuff.
    Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 07-26-2011, 02:47 AM.
    1989 Nevada Highway Patrol SSP Unit# 262(?)

I love my NHP SSP

2005 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L Lariat 4x4 CC SB MBRP turbo back exhaust, 08 F350 springs
    1976 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L block, MPFI, 4.0L head, Borla header, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, Dana 44's, ARB's, 4.88's, OBA, 35's, Hydroboost brakes

The miracle of Simple Green.
    Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 07-26-2011, 03:10 AM.

I love my NHP SSP

2005 Ford SuperDuty 6.0L Lariat 4x4 CC SB MBRP turbo back exhaust, 08 F350 springs
    1976 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L block, MPFI, 4.0L head, Borla header, NV4500, Atlas 4.3, Dana 44's, ARB's, 4.88's, OBA, 35's, Hydroboost brakes

Comment

Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 07-26-2011, 02:56 AM.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Last edited by 05pwrstrk; 07-26-2011, 02:53 AM.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Nice clean car. Congrats.
          Thanks, Brian

*****SOLD***1987 Delaware SSP #8784 Unmarked Coupe Auto - Almost Restored 95% lol
          1989 GT Convertible 5 Speed - Restored
          ***WANTED 85-86 TOP 5 SPEED****

Comment

Nice looks very clean Congrats!!!!
            sigpic1997 ISP B4C Unit 4789/MT Thomas Campbell

Comment

That's real cool....I'm glad it worked out for you. Congratulations.
              Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
              1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
              1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641
              1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P993

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/

Comment

I think the NV cars are among the BEST looking color combo's. Congrats...
                Last edited by DJP55; 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM.
                David P.

http://public.fotki.com/david0855/

MCA Member #61961

Comment

I agree, they make a nice looking car. The before and after is amazing on the engine!

Neat history to it. Are you planning to restore or perhaps just paint and drive?
                  Mike Riley, webmaster, sspmustang.org

1986 Indian Rocks FL FD SSP Mustang
                  2002 5 speed Mustang Convertible
                  2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
                  2004 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Congrats! That's one clean SSP!
                    Mark
                    2008 Mustang Bullitt # 2843
                    1992 SSP (Sold)
                    AOD
                    Red Interior, Titanium Gray Exterior
                    Originally in service in Stem, NC

Comment

Brian,

I'm very excited to see this car saved. If it wasn't for the 85', I would have bought this car. It is lost in time (auction fresh) and in perfect shape for a restoration. I will be more than happy to help you out with your project. Lets hope the unit number is found. Also let me know if you need me to go pick up the buddy bumper and or that service paperwork.

I do think this is one of the "Lighter Blue" cars that were ordered incorrectly making it even more rare. I will dig up some info on them. Also being one of nine cars doesn't hurt either. Here's the list of the nine. The first number is the unit number. The 3 numbers in front of Reg (region) is the Trooper ID number.

039--89 Ford Mustang --080 Reg 3
                      062--89 Ford Mustang --310 Reg 3
                      157--89 Ford Mustang --162 Reg 1
                      171--89 Ford Mustang --093 Reg 1
                      183--89 Ford Mustang --245 Reg 3
                      241--89 Ford Mustang --297 Reg 1
                      262--89 Ford Mustang --167 Reg 3
                      143--89 Ford Mustang --215 Reg 2
                      090--89 Ford Mustang --103 Reg 1

1989-9

Welcome to the NHP Mustang family.

Mike
                      1993 Nevada Highway Patrol Dodge Ramcharger

Comment

Originally posted by NHPcars.com View Post
                        I do think this is one of the "Lighter Blue" cars that were ordered incorrectly making it even more rare.
                        I was curious about that color....can you expand any details on the comment above? Thanks.
                        Mike

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
                        1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
                        1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641
                        1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P993

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/

Comment

Way to go, I knew if you kept looking you'd find an excellent candidate and you certainly have one there...wow, 1 of 9!

I'm really glad you passed on all the CHP junk that is floating around the bay area too. Keep us posted on your progress and pipe up if you're looking for anything.
                          Michael
                          1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/

Comment

Nice car.
                            sigpic
                            1996 DGGM Impala SS
                            1992 AZ DPS B4C
                            1993 WJC Utah SSP(92k orig miles)

Comment

Originally posted by SSPMustang View Post
                              I agree, they make a nice looking car. The before and after is amazing on the engine!

Neat history to it. Are you planning to restore or perhaps just paint and drive?
                              For right now the condition will stay the same. I am determined to figure out the unit number(crossing my fingers it hasn't been lost forever on the rear bumper crappy paint job cover up). I'm going to make sure it is mechanically sound and safe(i.e. brakes, clutch, A/C recharged, speedo fix, etc.). I do not want to do a rush job on this just to have a nice looking car. Heck, as it is I feel it is pretty darn beautiful. Also, it is more important to me to make sure it is done correctly. I will drive it occasionally.

I love my NHP SSP

Comment

Working...
                              X